So I wanted to share with you my spring and summer lip picks. I did one of these for Autumn if you want to check it out here.
These are what I've been using recently and what I've been planning on cracking out. A little warning- there is a lot of pink but I love pink!
There is a mix of (mostly) budget because you know I like a bargain and a couple of MAC so here we go!
So Number 1) I don't actually have a swatch and it's more generic. It's a good lip balm. I've featured a body shop one above and I really like these but my favourite at the moment is a lip glam one which I use overnight. Lip balm is so important to me because I love matte lipstick and I don;t want manky, chapped lips.
2) Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious. I've really been gravitating towards orange and coral at the moment and I think this is the only orange I have in my collection. It is very matte but creamy and comfortable, I also love it with a gloss over the top.
3) *Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid in Hot Plum (aft link). This is a fab purple toned pink, it's kind of satin in formula and lasts ages.
4) *Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid in Shocking Coral (aff link). This is a great pinky coral colour, I've been wearing this a lot recently. Like it's pinky purple sister, it is comfortable and lasts well.
5) *Maybelline Colour Elixir in Hibiscus Haven (aff link). These are really balmy in texture and a lot more sheer than the previously mentioned, they are a liquid with a little doe foot applicator and great if you want something bright but not too opaque,
6) *Maybelline Colour Elixir in Vision in Violet (aff link). Now this is verrry purple but I love a purple lip, again it can be sheered out but is definitely very pigmented and has a slight pinky undertone- my favourite kind.
7) MAC Impassioned (Amplified). Now this has been my go to lipstick at the moment, It is fab. There is something about this that just brightens my face up. It's a warm pink but leans corally on me, it is fantastically pigmented and wears for ages.
8) MAC Girl About Town (Amplified). Fun Fact, this was my first ever MAC lippy. It's a nice kind of neutral bright pink. It's bright enough to be a feature but not too in your face. Like it's next door neighbour above, it wears well, is nice and comfy on the lips and smells divine.
9) Sleek Makeup Matte Lipstick in Mystic. This is probably one of my favourite lipsticks, it's a pink toned purple and it is matte but not overly drying. I tend to wear this if I want a pick me up as I always get complimented on it and it's actually one of my boyfriend's favourite lipsticks on me. Best of all it's a fiver!
And last but not least...
10) Tanya Burr Lipgloss- Exotic Island. I love Tanya Burr lip glosses in general but this is a glossier, pinker version of sleek mystic and I often wear them together especially for a night out. That said, it is properly pigmented enough to wear alone and it provides an easy purpley pink lip.
So there you have it, all my lip picks. What are you loving for spring and breaking out for summer? Do you have any of the above and if so what do you think?
If you want to see me swatch them on my lips and pout and pose a lot then check out the video here or below.
* Affiliate Links are marked as such and have (aff link) after them.