Today I wanted to show you how I deep clean my makeup brushes. I have to admit I am guilty of forgetting or being lazy and not washing them quite as often as I maybe should so that means that they have to have a really good clean when I finally get around to it!
So let me know in the comments how you do it and I hope you get something from how I do in these 10 easy steps.
1) Adjust the taps to the right temperature, you don't want to scald yourself but it has to be quite warm to make sure you do something.
2) Get your choice of soap, I've used a foaming cleanser before, I've used shampoo but I now use antibacterial hand soap- whichever I have in the house.
3) Dampen the brush under the tap
4) Squirt the soap into the palm of your hand.
5) Swirl the brush around in the palm of your hand.
6) Rinse the brush, holding it downwards, being careful not to get water into the metal part as this weakens the glue holding the bristles together.
7) Repeat steps 5 and 6 until brush is clean, you may need to add more soap if your brush is particularly dirty.
8) Rinse until water runs clean
9) Squeeze the water out of the brush, leaving them in the shape that they would be in if dry.
10) Leave upside down or at an angle to dry so as not to damage the glue in the brush shaft.
Et Voila... Clean Brushes!!
So there you have it. If you want to see it in action have a look at my youtube video here or below: