I think I peaked too soon to be honest haha. In reality work has been hectic and has sucked all the life out of me and taken all my brain power so I've had no energy or good ideas to blog about- sorry!
So today I thought I'd show you my Christmas Party Makeup. I have done a video about it and you can see that here or at the bottom of this post.
So here is what I used:
|The majority of Makeup Used|
- I started off with the Nivea express hydration primer all over. I fricking love this stuff, especially the day after the night before.
- I topped that with my Match Perfection foundation from Rimmel and blended that with an Ebay Round top Kabuki style brush
I used an angled brush and Cover from the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette and first to map out the shape and fill them in. I then went in with Primal to darken and add dimension to certain bits like the tail and the sparser areas.
This is my everyday brow but a little darker.
- For Primer I used the Korres anti ageing eye primer all over right up to the brow and what was left went under my eye.
- I used my Makeup revolution Iconic 2 palette the gold shade that is a dupe for Urban Decay's half baked all over my mobile lid.
- I took the Mac Pigment which is very glittery and a bit of a darker, cooler toned goody shade on the outer corner and through the crease.
- I then took primal from the Basics 2 Palette on an elf blending brush and blended it all out through the crease.
- To finish the shadow I took the ELF blush in Pinktastic as my brow highlight and bending it down into Primal.
- For Liner I used a damp angled brush and a black eyeshadow from the same Iconic 2 palette and kept it quite thin and close to the lash line, not really winging it out.
- I finished it all off with 2 coats of benefit they're real mascara. You could add lashes but I didn't this time.
- Once the eyes were done I used my Maybelline the eraser under my eyes and blended out with my foundation brush.
- I took that down the bridge of my nose, Cupid's bow, chin and a bit on my forehead as a little bit of subtle highlight.
- I set all that with my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent.
For Blush It had to be my sleek rose gold blush. Not too much and with the right amount of gold shimmer.
I felt the need to warm up my complexion so added some of my Lancome Star Bronzer for warmth and colour and because I don't use it nearly enough and it's sooo pretty!
I tried out my new MUA Velvet Lip Lacquer in Dare. It's a dark berry toned pink and I thought it would be a nice alternative to the usual Red Christmas lip and because it's matte it balances out the glitter on the eye.
This was the finished look:
I definitely think lashes would make this better and in hindsight I'd add them but I really like the look. I hope you do too. I used the Kimberly Walsh for Eyelure ones on my Christmas do.
What have you been loving for the Christmas Party season? Let me know in the comments below.